There’s nothing better than fresh Iowa tomatoes. Am I right? I had recently picked up a couple Graddy’s tomatoes at my local Hy-Vee store, and was trying to think of a fresh new recipe to make for dinner. It was one of those nights where I didn’t have anything thawed out, and it was just two of us, and I was trying to avoid the usual “let’s just run to Subway” or “let’s just eat cereal.”
So I looked to see what other ingredients I had on hand, because I’ve been trying to make an effort of not wasting food. We aren’t good about eating leftovers. 🙂 I found 7 leftover slices of turkey bacon from breakfast a few days earlier, leftover chicken, a Graddy’s tomato, and an avocado that was pretty darn ripe. Here’s what I came up with:
- 3 boneless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1/3 cup onion, diced
- 7-8 slices of turkey bacon
- 1 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup light ranch dressing
- Flour tortillas
- Diced tomatoes
- Diced Avocado
- Mix chicken, bacon, ranch, cheese, and onion in bowl. Heat in microwave for 45 seconds until hot and spread on tortillas. Top with tomatoes and avocado. Yummy!
- To save on calories, you can substitute lettuce leaves for the tortillas.