Here we go again with me getting all excited about eating healthy! I’ve been on a fish and seafood kick the last couple months, and I have been in the habit of ordering fish or shrimp tacos at any restaurant that serves them. I’ve had my fair share of good ones and some just-OK ones. So I thought I would experiment on my own to see what I could come up with. I was pleasantly surprised that these taste great and are so filling. My teenager enjoyed them so much, she asked me to make them again a few nights later. I happily agreed!
UPDATED TO ADD: If you are following Weight Watchers and can find tortillas for 1 pt each, these tacos come out to only TWO POINTS EACH! (Smart Points)
This recipe sounds so good! Shrimp Tacos with Mango Salsa & Chipotle Slaw. Click To Tweet
- Shrimp, 16 items (I remove the tail and cut them into thirds)
- Pam cooking spray (for the shrimp)
- 3/4 cup mango, diced
- 1/2 cup red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup green pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup yellow pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped (I used the food processor)
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 2 cups Green Giant Fresh Broccoli Slaw
- 1/4 cup Bolthouse Farms Mango Chipotle Yogurt dressing
- Heat pan sprayed with cooking spray Add shrimp and toss in pan until hot. I squirted some lime juice on the shrimp as well.
- Chop peppers, onions, mango, onion and cilantro. Mix in bowl. Squeeze the juice of 1/2 lime into mixture and stir until well mixed.
- Pour slaw into bowl, and add dressing. Mix until fully coated.
- Add a layer of slaw to the tortilla, then add mango salsa. Top with shrimp.
- This is another recipe that can be made with lettuce wraps instead of tortillas.
- My daughter loved these so much we made them all over again two nights later! 🙂